Scheduling your time well helps you work without stress. Improper scheduling leaves you with too much to do and too little time to do it in. Here are a few suggestions that will make your calendar low-stress and easier to follow:
- Schedule travel time. If you don't leave enough time between appointments, you'll frequently be late and/or have to cancel appointments. You will feel like you are constantly running behind. Give yourself a generous amount of time to get to your destination.
- Schedule buffer time. If you don't leave enough time between appointments, you'll frequently be late and/or have to cancel appointments. You will feel like you are constantly running behind. Give yourself a generous amount of time to get to your destination. If you end up with spare time, you can always do tasks from your task lists, so buffer time is never wasted.
- Schedule large tasks. Any tasks that will take 30 minutes or more to complete should be scheduled into your calendar with its own block of time. If you don't schedule this time, you will probably keep putting the task off until tomorrow.
- Hold a Daily Review. Every morning, review your appointments will indeed fit. If you don't have time for everything, reschedule some things. (Click here for more on doing a Daily Review.)
- Never double-schedule time. “Multi-tasking” is a myth. There is only one of you which can only attend one appointment at a time. Unless you can be in two places at once, you can’t honor two appointments at the same time.
Do 15-30% More in the Same Time—Without the Stress.
Effective scheduling is only part of the big picture. When your systems and office are set up properly, and when you have effective habits for processing your tasks, you'll gain back 15-30% of your effective workday with a sense of relaxed control.
Total, Relaxed Organization™ by Priacta puts you in control of your time, tasks, workload, and life. Guaranteed.