Visual Presentation Problems in Beta

I wanted to know if anyone else is having any problems in the beta with some presentation of data, such as:
- When I complete and close a task pop up window, and then open another task item in the list, the new pop up window reflects that last task item info, instead of the new task info.
- If I open a task with no dates, the date fields in the popup window are only 1 or 2 characters wide.  It is not until I input data that they reflect a full sized data entry box
- When I input a date from the calendar picker, it can sometimes jump a month ahead... as if I double clicked on the calendar.  For example, I can click on 8/6, but it might jump to a September date.
- Sometimes, I put in the "Hide until" field a date... then I input a "Loose Goal" date, and the "Hide until" field changes by a day or two.

Otherwise, this new version has successfully addressed several issues from the previous version, and I'm sure the final release will be great. ;D

Comments

When I complete and close a task pop up window, and then open another task item in the list, the new pop up window reflects that last task item info, instead of the new task info.
    Yes, this has been reported by one other user. This should be fixed in our next build.
    If I open a task with no dates, the date fields in the popup window are only 1 or 2 characters wide.  It is not until I input data that they reflect a full sized data entry box.
    You are the only person to report this so far, and we're not seeing it internally. Can you post a screenshot? There may be more to this than just no dates (it may depend on certain options for example.) A screenshot might tell me more.
    When I input a date from the calendar picker, it can sometimes jump a month ahead... as if I double clicked on the calendar.  For example, I can click on 8/6, but it might jump to a September date.
    This bug was reported by other people too. It has been fixed for the next update.
    Sometimes, I put in the "Hide until" field a date... then I input a "Loose Goal" date, and the "Hide until" field changes by a day or two.
    Outlook places some silly limitations on the order of start and due dates. We have no choice but to enforce these limitations (otherwise "bad things" start to happen.) If the "Loose Goal" (which is stored in Outlook's due date field) is earlier than the "Hide until" (which is stored in Outlooks start date field) the hide until date will be moved to be no later than the due date. Is this what you are seeing?
  • Sorry for the slow response.  Most of the bugs that I mentioned in my first post have been corrected, except for the dating issue -- where the dates bounce around.  I don't think that it's an Outlook problem.  For instance, I can put in today's date in the 'hide until', then put in a date in the 'loose goal" of one day next week.  After I tab out of that date field, I might notice that the "hide until" date has changed from today's date (8/27/09) to something like (8/27/02).  I can't figure out what's happening.
  • Another example of this dating problem... this morning I was logging in an activity that I wanted to hide until 9/15, with a loose goal of 9/25.

I put Sept 15, 2009 into the "hide until" date.  Then I clicked in the "loose goal" field and put Sept 25, 2009 the date in the "hide until" field changed from Sept 15, 2009 to Sept 25, 2000.

Does this scenario give you any ideas of what might be happening?

Thanks!
  • Yup, I know what is going on (although I almost missed it. It would have helped if you had bolded the years to make things more clear.) This is a result of a behavioral change with unintended side effects. Am I correct in assuming that you typed in the date, rather than using the drop calendar?

I've added this to the bug list. This won't be fixed in this update, but we'll try to get it into the one after.
  • Yeah, I tend to type in the date or type today, tomorrow, etc.  I will try to just use the dropdown calendars and see if that keeps the problem from arising.