Software Recommendation: Conqu

Recommend you check out and review Conqu GTD application. 

Winner of the Best Business and Productivity App of the Sony App Challenge
Form attached

Comments

• edited March 2012
    Thank you for this information on Conqu. I handle new Priacta GTD List additions and updates, and I will review this right away.

Ian
  • Ian,

It appears that this is probably also TRO capable. A couple of things to check when you do your full evaluation:

• Can you set the "schedule for" date and the "due date' independent of each other?
    • How many tags can one task have? (appears to be >5, based on screen shots.)
    • How to do someday/maybe? Hot list (due today or next 3 days)? Unprocessed list? Weekly review?
    Overall, looks like a slick program, one that will be great to add to our list. 

Good work Justs. Thanks.

~coach nate
  • Hi!

Thanks to Justs for submitting Conqu to the list.

To answer your questions:
    • Can you set the "schedule for" date and the "due date' independent of each other?
    Yes, they are independent

• How many tags can one task have? (appears to be >5, based on screen shots.)
    Unlimited tags. One context and one project.
    • How to do someday/maybe? Hot list (due today or next 3 days)? Unprocessed list? Weekly review?
    We have the "Backburner" for someday/maybe.
    We have the Today list (due today) and the Next list, which can be filtered by due date (due in 1 week, due in 2 weeks, 1 month, etc).
    The unprocessed list is the Inbox.
    We don't have a formal process or specific screen for weekly review.

I've added some more information to the Excel file that was uploaded by Justs.

Thanks!
    Laura
  • This is a great community. I'm new here, but I can already see this is a place to get things done. Pun intended. I haven't played extensively with Conqu because I need things to sync and haven't purchased that ability yet. I wanted to test it out a bit first. 

I have been on this journey to find the right solution for about 15 years, trying hundreds of systems and programs and it has been pretty difficult. There is always something missing. For several months now, I have been using a combo approach consisting of Doit.im, Tree.io (my project management solution) GNotes, Google Task Organizer, Google Tasks and MS Outlook 2010. It works, but I have been trying to get everything into either Doit.im or Tree.io, but both currently have a couple of real limitations for me. 

Conqu looks really powerful so I am going to give it a whirl. If I can figure out a way to host an install of it on my server that can be accessed buy all of my other devices, then I may make the switch all the way. I'd rather not pay for the sync ability with so many other great options out there. 

I'll be very interested to see what others think about Conqu going forward.

~js