Two fantastic collection tools

I’ve been using www.reqall.com for the past couple of weeks and loving it. Not as full featured as it's main competitor,jott.com but reliable so far, and has a toll free number for us in Canada.
I call myself when I’m on the road and leave a note, meeting or task for myself. I’ve set up a rule on Outlook so any email from reqall with task in the subject gets routed to me “Action” folder. Then it appears as an unprocessed item in Trog Bar.
I find I regularly download a half dozen tasks or new ideas each morning on the drive to work.

Comments

• I presume the other tool is Jott (www.jott.com)? Why exactly did you stop using it?
  • I stopped using Jott for 2 reasons. The first was that they do not have a toll free number in my area. More disturbing though is that fact that for 2 weeks I was not receiving any emails from the system so Jott became a leak in my system.
    It seems to be working again, but I was never able to get a satisfactory answer as to what happened and I notice several others in the support forum were having the same problem.
  • Thanks for the heads up. We'll definitely check out reqall for our gismos page.
  • Jott recently added a Jott Voicemail  service to let you consolidate all your voicemail from multiple accounts into your email inbox. Great idea. Check it out and let us know how it works for you.
  • just wanted to add my experience with Jott. I'm in Los Angeles so no problem not having a toll-free number. i've been involved in IT for over 30+ years (yeah, i know they haven't even called it IT for that long) and have seen many applications, especially during my 5-year tenure as CIO at one of the top 10 software publishers. during an average week we would easily see 5-10 "killer apps" that the world just had to have published.

as you can imagine you get a bit jaded after a while, but every so often you see and app, a system, a site that just blows you away. simple, yet one of those things that make you wonder how you ever lived without it. JOTT is one of those killer apps for now. THE KILLER APP will be one that actually runs on your mobile and doesn't require your involvement in dialing, etc.

i thought i had the solution with WebIS's Note2Self which runs on a pocket pc. it would record and then e-mail an attachment to your inbox where you could replay it later and manually add it to your tasks. but JOTT just blows that away.

no, i don't work for them. yes, i've tried all the others, reqall, etc. but for now JOTT Assistant and JOTT Voicemail work for me.