Outlook 2010

Will Trog Bar work with Outlook 2010?

Comments

• Yes, Trog Bar works great with the full install of Outlook 2010 beta.

However, when you install Outlook 2010, just be sure you install the full version. The Click-To-Run version of Outlook 2010 will not work with Trog Bar. That version is mainly designed to quickly experience Outlook 2010 without fully installing it, and it does not install key parts of Outlook that Trog Bar requires.

Also, Trog Bar currently only supports 32-bit versions of Outlook 2010 (NOT 64-bit Outlook 2010).

Trog Bar runs just fine on any 32- or 64-bit Windows version.
  • Are there plans to support 64-bit Outlook 2010? If so, do you have an ETA for the release? I'd be happy to beta test as a registered customer.
  • No plans are set yet for supporting Outlook 64-bit. It requires a near total rewrite of significant segments of Trog Bar code and DLLs the way Microsoft has implemented things. However, we are watching the 64-bit market closely and will keep you posted as our plans change.

For now, we recommend the 64-bit Outlook for maximum compatibility with all apps and add-ins.
  • I'm assuming no progress has been made working towards supporting a 64 bit Outlook 2010? 

Got a new laptop from work... Windows 7 and Outlook 2010 64-bit.  I feel like I have been hit by a bus... no more Trog Bar.

• FWIW, Microsoft themselves recommend 32-bit Office even on 64-bit systems.

/kenw
  • Hello,

Now, we are in May 2012. Have you changed your plan since August 2010 ?

I've just upgraded Outlook 2003 to 2010 64 bits and TROG Bar is out. It's very hard to work without..........

• edited May 2012
    Yes, our plans are set. Because of poor implementation decisions made by Microsoft and a severely declining market for Outlook integration, we will not be creating a 64-bit version of Trog Bar.

The world is moving to the cloud and mobile apps and social collaboration, and so are we. Donedesk.com and its derivatives will be the future here at Priacta, although we will still offer 32-bit Trog Bar as long as a significant number of people demand it.

Outlook alone makes a pretty good platform for TRO. You can do the TRO training for that tool. All the currently supported tools are here: http://priacta.com/Training/troonline.php#Tools. (NOTE: The "Other Task List" training option is quite powerful--it explains in detail how to figure out how to adapt any tool to TRO. If your preferred tool is missing from the list, you can use the "Other" options with confidence.)