[FIXED] Free Affiliate Module Error

Hi there,

I am posting this here because using the online support form sent me an Undeliverable Mail Returned to Sender message.

So, I've just downloaded and installed the latest Post Affiliate Pro module (not the beta) in our Magento store.

I got to the step in which a message is sent in Magento with the subject "Affiliate Program Needs Configuration Read details"

In the message, I clicked on step 3 (Configure Magento) which took me to another page asking me to select the configuration scope.  After selecting my Store view in the configuration scope, the page refreshes with an error message that reads "Access Denied".  I am guessing this might have something to do with permissions somewhere.  Can you please advise?

software_version_no: Magento 1.3.2.1 and the Free Magento Module for PAP at the top of this page http://www.priacta.com/code/magento-affiliate/magento-post-affiliate-pro.php

SOLUTION: The pap files were uploaded as a different user.  Once I modified their owner and group, it worked.

Comments

• I am also getting an error with this module. I have purchased the hosted solution of Post Affiliate Pro, and installed it into our magento shop. Installation goes through smoothly, but when I try to go into the "Affiliate Orders" menu option i get the following ugly error thread:

Curl error: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol

Trace:
    #0 /home/nurunuru/public_html/lib/PAP/PapApi.class.php(1755): Gpf_Net_Http_ClientBase->executeWithCurl(Object(Gpf_Net_Http_Request))
    #1 /home/nurunuru/public_html/lib/PAP/PapApi.class.php(361): Gpf_Net_Http_ClientBase->execute(Object(Gpf_Net_Http_Request))
    #2 /home/nurunuru/public_html/lib/PAP/PapApi.class.php(380): Gpf_Rpc_MultiRequest->sendRequest('{"C":"Gpf_Rpc_S...')
    #3 /home/nurunuru/public_html/lib/PAP/PapApi.class.php(703): Gpf_Rpc_MultiRequest->send()
    #4 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/local/Mage/Pap/Model/Papapi/Collection/Abstract.php(303): Gpf_Rpc_Request->sendNow()
    #5 /home/nurunuru/public_html/lib/Varien/Data/Collection.php(188): Mage_Pap_Model_Papapi_Collection_Abstract->getSize()
    #6 /home/nurunuru/public_html/lib/Varien/Data/Collection.php(174): Varien_Data_Collection->getLastPageNumber()
    #7 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/local/Mage/Pap/Model/Papapi/Collection/Abstract.php(577): Varien_Data_Collection->getCurPage()
    #8 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/local/Mage/Pap/Model/Papapi/Collection/Abstract.php(192): Mage_Pap_Model_Papapi_Collection_Abstract->_renderLimit()
    #9 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/Grid.php(484): Mage_Pap_Model_Papapi_Collection_Abstract->load()
    #10 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/local/Mage/Pap/Block/Adminhtml/Pap/Grid.php(36): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Grid->_prepareCollection()
    #11 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/Grid.php(576): Mage_Pap_Block_Adminhtml_Pap_Grid->_prepareCollection()
    #12 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/Grid.php(582): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Grid->_prepareGrid()
    #13 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(673): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Grid->_beforeToHtml()
    #14 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(516): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
    #15 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(467): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('grid', true)
    #16 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/Grid/Container.php(70): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('grid')
    #17 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/widget/grid/container.phtml(36): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Grid_Container->getGridHtml()
    #18 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(189): include('/home/nurunuru/...')
    #19 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(225): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('adminhtml/defau...')
    #20 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(242): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
    #21 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Template.php(81): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
    #22 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/Container.php(295): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Template->_toHtml()
    #23 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(674): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Container->_toHtml()
    #24 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Text/List.php(43): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
    #25 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(674): Mage_Core_Block_Text_List->_toHtml()
    #26 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(516): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
    #27 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(467): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('content', true)
    #28 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/page.phtml(74): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('content')
    #29 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(189): include('/home/nurunuru/...')
    #30 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(225): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('adminhtml/defau...')
    #31 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(242): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
    #32 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Template.php(81): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
    #33 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(674): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Template->_toHtml()
    #34 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(536): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
    #35 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(389): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
    #36 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/local/Mage/Pap/controllers/Adminhtml/PapController.php(53): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
    #37 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Pap_Adminhtml_PapController->manageAction()
    #38 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(254): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('manage')
    #39 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(177): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
    #40 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(304): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
    #41 /home/nurunuru/public_html/app/Mage.php(596): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
    #42 /home/nurunuru/public_html/index.php(78): Mage::run('', 'store')
    #43 {main}
  • For those who are using Magento and Priacta's Extension, here is the solution:

1. Make sure your Magento Admin is NOT configured to use SSL, you will find that under: System > Configuration > Secure, then look for the "Use Secure URLs in Admin" and make sure "No" is selected. If you select "Yes" you must have: 1. Post Affiliate Pro installed in the same server as your Magento Server, or two an SSL Certificate in the hosted Post Affiliate Pro server.

2. If you have a hosted Post Affiliate Pro, makes sure the "Install Directory" is empty, you only need to fill out the Domain Name field of the "General" section of the config.