Your All Categories view (in the Tasks area) is your main context view. It shows you all tasks for all categories, grouped by category, including 1-1 contexts. Right click any category group header and select Collapse All to see all the headers. Click + next to the 1-1 context category header to expand it and see its tasks.
You must customize the Simple View before you can use it for this.
To see the All Categories view:
- Press Ctrl+4 to open Tasks.
- Select the Tasks folder in the Folders pane at the left. (You may need to click the arrow to open the pane.) Do NOT select the To-Do folder.
- Press Alt+V followed by CV, and choose All Categories.
Check Sorting & Grouping
If you don’t see: 1) tasks grouped by Category, 2) High Priority at the top of each group, and 3) normal Priority sorted by Due Date, oldest at the top, then you probably clicked a column header. (Outlook breaks the sort when you do that.) To fix it:
- Right click on one of the column titles (like Due Date).
- Select Customize Current View… (Sometimes it appears as Customize…).
- Click Sort.
- Select the following sort order:
- Sort items by Priority, Descending
- Then by Due Date, Ascending
- All others should be (none)
- Click and drag the Categories column title to the Group By box.
- Click the Group By box if needed to fix the Categories sort order.