There are several possibile reasons:
- You probably didn’t do your daily review yet. Once that is done, all those task reminders should be gone.
- If you did your Daily Review, then perhaps the reminders popped up after your Daily Review. Your default task reminder time may need adjusting. See instructions for setting up task reminders.
- You may be setting different reminder times to schedule the tasks into your day. Don’t do this. All task reminders should appear at the start of your day. If a task must happen at a certain time of day, schedule an appointment in your calendar.
- If that isn’t the problem, you may be hitting Snooze on the task reminders instead of Dismiss. Never use Snooze on a task reminder. Set the Priority to High and Dismiss the reminder.
- If none of the above apply, you may be looking at a reminder list on a second computer or handheld that synchronizes with your main computer. Typically, these task reminders are duplicates. Dismiss them, being careful to not dismiss appointment reminders until the appointment has been honored.