To color-code an appointment:
- First, define your color labels (see below).
- Double click on an appointment to open it.
- Click the Label button at the top right.
- Select the color from the list that matches the major context for this time block.
- Click Save and Close when done.
You do not need to assign contexts to appointments.
Define Your Color Labels
Change the names of your color labels so they match your major contexts. The Outlook default names are not very helpful.
- Go to Outlook, Main Menu, Edit, Labels, Edit Labels.
- Pick some colors and change their names to match your major contexts.
- Click OK to save.