Most people have a webmail account something like Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail, or Gmail. Web-based email can be an excellent tool—just make sure you have access to it when you’re on the road. Options include:
- A mobile phone with a built-in email app.
- A mobile phone web browser.
- A notebook computer with reliable broadband or Wi-Fi Internet access, so you can access the web from almost anywhere.
- Email client software on your notebook computer that lets you compose and manage emails even when you don’t have an Internet connection.
- A webmail application that runs in your browser even when you don’t have Internet access. (Gmail does this using Google Gears.)
If your webmail doesn’t give you convenient offline access, consider switching to Gmail. It gives you online and offline access in your browser, and it can consolidate your other email accounts into one, flexible inbox. Best of all, it’s free.