Turn TRO On, Turn Email Relief Off
Your particular set of tools will not allow you to see emails as tasks in all places, so you need to turn off Email Relief in Trog Bar.
- Click [+] near upper right corner of Trog Bar.
- Select Other.
- Click Repeat Initial Interview.
- Make sure TRO is selected as your time management system.
- When asked, do NOT select Allow Trog to manage emails as tasks.
- Click Done.
- After the interview, click the Dates & Prioritization tab.
- Set High Priority = Do Today.
- Set Low Priority = Someday/Maybe/Parked.
- Click the Categories & Contacts tab.
- (Check) I use Categories to group similar tasks.
- (Uncheck) I use Contacts to group similar tasks.
- (Check) Hide parked tasks from general lists.
- Click OK to save and exit.
Turn off Trog Bar’s Preview Features and enable Beta features.
- Click the plus [+] sign near the upper-right corner of Trog Bar to see Options.
- Select Other.
- (UNcheck) Enable Preview Features. (Turn this off. Preview features are pre-beta, for user feedback only, and should not be relied on.
- (Check) Enable Beta Features.
Do the following now to start setting up Outlook:
- Set up your custom views now, or decide to do it later as you move through the training
- Set the default reminder time.
Turn Off “Outlook Today”
You don’t want your default view in Outlook to be Outlook Today. This tries to distract you by telling you that your email is the work you need to do today. Your email is not today’s work. Process your email and work from your calendar and task list.
- In the Folders view on the left, right-click the topmost folder where your email Inbox appears (Mailbox)
- Click the bottom option (Properties for Mailbox-Your Name).
- Click the Home Page tab.
- Uncheck the box that says, Show home page…
We Can Help
If you aren’t tech savvy, if you feel intimidated by these instructions, or if you have a special situation, you have plenty of options:
- Visit our support forum at priacta.com/forum to post questions or find answers. Look for the General Technical Support section.
- Call a Priacta coach, who will review your TRO system as they help you with setup.
- Ask your favorite geek to help you out.
Optional Outlook Views Available
(Advanced) Some people need to see their tasks interchangeably in Trog Bar and Outlook. This is not required, but it can be done:
- Print out these instructions.
- Use the Dashboard option in the TRO training menu to temporarily change your tools to:
- Outlook (your version number as your task list, and
- Windows Mobile 6 as your mobile device (even if that is not correct).
- Leave the other settings unchanged.
- Go to the Tasklist Appendix for Outlook.
- Find the Configure Your Special TRO Views section.
- Follow those instructions, which will now be detailed for your version of Outlook.
- Use the Dashboard option in the TRO training menu to restore your tools to Trog Bar and your actual mobile device.
This gives you interchangeable views in Trog Bar and Outlook.