Decide whether you need a [Process Later] folder for your email. You need it ONLY IF:
- Your email workload is excessive to the point where you can’t handle the “Must Do” tasks many days. Use a [Process Later] folder and see Extreme TRO (XTRO) for more help.
If that applies:
- Create a [Process Later] folder.
- Open your Outlook Inbox.
- Click on File menu.
- Hover over New.
- Select Folder (Ctrl+Shift+E).
- Type [Process Later] as folder name. Include the brackets.
- The folder contains Mail and Post items.
- Click on Inbox to create the [Process Later] folder beneath the Inbox.
- Click OK to create the folder.
- Add [Process Later] to your list of collection points in your regular processing appointment, near the bottom.
To make it easier to drag emails to the [Process Later] folder:
- Right-click the [Process Later] folder in the folder list on the left.
- Select Add to Favorite Folders.
- Drag it around the list of favorites (at the top) to rearrange.
The [Process Later] folder now appears near the top of the left navigation bar for easy access.