Usually, you copy and paste to make calendar appointments from tasks. This way the task name is an exact match—you know exactly which task it applies to.
- Highlight the task name or title, including the project name.
- Press Ctrl+C (Command+C on Mac) to copy it.
- Open a new appointment or highlight the spot in the calendar.
- Press Ctrl+V (Command+V on Mac) to paste it in.
- Make it a tentative appointment if it doesn’t have a fixed time.
- Finish filling out times, notes, etc., and save it.
If you’re really lucky, your task manager will give you a way to link your appointments and tasks. Click the appointment link, and you are instantly editing the task, or vice versa. Look for this feature.
Also, see appointment calendaring instructions.