Here are the steps for your daily review:
- Check your calendar. Open your calendar, review all scheduled appointments for the day, and glance over today’s strategic calendar. (15 seconds.)
- Clear old APPOINTMENT reminders from the Outlook Reminders Window if you have honored them. (15 seconds.)
- Go through TASK reminders. Open your Outlook Reminders Window and mark TASKS as Do Today (if you will do them today) by following these hotlist instructions. (1 minute.)
- No task reminders should remain. They were already handled in the last step.
- Validate today’s tasks. Look through your Do Today list, and re-process or reschedule any tasks you really aren’t going to do today. (< 2 minutes.)
- Check for 30+ minute tasks/steps. All tasks/steps that may take 30+ minutes should already be budgeted in today’s calendar. If not, add them with tentative appointment times. (1 minute.)
- Reality check. Make sure your Do Today list is at least 80% doable today, and make sure your schedule is still realistic, with flexible time between appointments. Reschedule or disenagage if needed. (20 seconds.)
- Sync or print your task lists (if needed). Syncing is automatic if you use Exchange Server or equivalent. Printouts help if you will be away from your computer for the day.