Here are the steps for your daily review:
- Check your calendar. Open your calendar, review all scheduled appointments for the day, and glance over today’s strategic calendar. (15 seconds.)
- Clear old APPOINTMENT reminders if you have honored them. (15 seconds.)
- Go through your hotlist. Open your hotlist and star any tasks (Do Today) if you will do them today. Follow these hotlist instructions. (1 minute.)
- Validate today’s tasks. Look through your Starred list, and re-process or reschedule any tasks you aren’t going to do today. (< 2 minutes.)
- Check for 30+ minute tasks/steps. Record Lengths for any 30+ minute steps/tasks. All tasks/steps that may take 30+ minutes should already be budgeted in today’s calendar. If not, add them with tentative appointment times. (1 minute.)
- Reality check. Make sure your Do Today list is at least 80% doable today, and make sure your schedule is still realistic, with flexible time between appointments. Reschedule or disenagage if needed. (20 seconds.)
- Order today’s tasks. (Optional.) Use Priority to put today’s tasks in the rough order they should be done, if it matters to you.
- Print your task lists (if needed). Printouts help if you will be away from your computer for the day.