Here are the steps for your daily review:
- Check your calendar. Open your calendar, review all scheduled appointments for the day, and glance over today’s strategic calendar. (15 seconds.)
- Mark off old appointments if you have honored them. Be sure to reschedule recurring appointments (О or R[ ]) at least 3 months out. (< 1 minute.)
- Go through your prior day’s tasks. Those tasks are your TRO hotlist. Follow these instructions. (< 2 minutes.)
- Validate today’s tasks. Now look through your Do Today list, and re-process or reschedule any tasks you aren’t going to do today. (< 2 minutes.)
- Check for 30+ minute tasks/steps. All tasks/steps that may take 30+ minutes should already be budgeted in today’s calendar. If not, add them with tentative appointment times. (1 minute.)
- Reality check. Make sure your Do Today list is at least 80% doable today, and make sure your schedule is still realistic, with flexible time between appointments. Reschedule or disenagage if needed. (20 seconds.)
- Order today’s tasks. (Optional.) Write a star next to the most important tasks to help you do them first, if it matters to you.