Even if you sync after clearing reminders at the office, many mobile devices will pop up the reminders again. There’s no way around this. Simply dismiss all reminders on your mobile device when they appear.
Here are the steps for your mobile daily review:
- Check your calendar. Open the mobile version of your calendar, review all scheduled appointments for the day, and glance over today’s strategic calendar. (15 seconds.)
- Clear old APPOINTMENT reminders if you have honored them. (15 seconds. These are usually duplicates of your desktop reminders.)
- Go through your hotlist. Open your hotlist and mark tasks as Do Today (if you will do them today) by following these hotlist instructions. (1 minute.)
- If task reminders are optional, look at them and dismiss them. (15 seconds. If task reminders are not optional, then they are really part of your hotlist; they were already handled in the last step.)
- Validate today’s tasks. Look through your Do Today list, and re-process or reschedule any tasks you aren’t going to do today. (< 2 minutes.)
- Check for 30+ minute tasks/steps. All tasks/steps that may take 30+ minutes should already be budgeted in today’s calendar. If not, add them with tentative appointment times. (1 minute.)
- Reality check. Make sure your Do Today list is at least 80% doable today, and make sure your schedule is still realistic, with flexible time between appointments. Reschedule or disenagage if needed. (20 seconds.)
- Order today’s tasks. (Optional.) Put today’s tasks in the rough order they should be done, if it matters to you, and if supported on your device.
- Sync your device with your desktop computer as soon as you return.