Using Reminders in Windows Mobile
- If the Reminder pop-up is not visible, tap the bell icon at the top, or click Reminder at lower left and select it from the menu. (If these options do not appear, you have no current reminders.)
- Task reminders begin with Task: on your Windows Mobile device.
- If NOT doing a daily review on your Windows Mobile device: This task reminder is a duplicate. Press or tap Dismiss (lower left).
- Otherwise: Click View Item, Edit. The task is now open for daily review.
- Appointment reminders, if not yet honored, should be skipped by tapping the arrow icons. Dismiss them when honored.
Even if you sync after clearing reminders at the office, many mobile devices will pop up the reminders again. There’s no way around this. Simply dismiss all reminders on your mobile device when they appear.
Here are the steps for your mobile daily review:
- Check your calendar. Open the mobile version of your calendar, review all scheduled appointments for the day, and glance over today’s strategic calendar. (15 seconds.)
- Clear old APPOINTMENT reminders if you have honored them. (15 seconds. These are usually duplicates of your desktop reminders.)
- Go through your hotlist. Open your hotlist and mark tasks as Do Today (if you will do them today) by following these hotlist instructions. (1 minute.)
- No task reminders should remain. They were duplicates or already handled in the last step.
- Validate today’s tasks. Look through your Do Today list, and re-process or reschedule any tasks you aren’t going to do today. (< 2 minutes.)
- Check for 30+ minute tasks/steps. All tasks/steps that may take 30+ minutes should already be budgeted in today’s calendar. If not, add them with tentative appointment times. (1 minute.)
- Reality check. Make sure your Do Today list is at least 80% doable today, and make sure your schedule is still realistic, with flexible time between appointments. Reschedule or disenagage if needed. (20 seconds.)
- Sync your device with your desktop computer as soon as you return. (Not required if you use Exchange Server.)