Here are the steps for your RTM mobile daily review:
- Check your calendar. Open the mobile version of your calendar, review all scheduled appointments for the day, and glance over today’s strategic calendar. (15 seconds.)
- Clear old APPOINTMENT reminders if you have honored them. (15 seconds. These are usually duplicates of your desktop reminders.)
- Go through your hotlist. Open your Daily Review list and mark tasks as Do Today (if you will do them today) by following these hotlist instructions. (1 minute.)
- Validate today’s tasks. Look through your Do Today list, and re-process or reschedule any tasks you aren’t going to do today. (< 2 minutes.)
- Check for 30+ minute tasks/steps. All tasks/steps that may take 30+ minutes should already be budgeted in today’s calendar. If not, add them with tentative appointment times. (1 minute.)
- Reality check. Make sure your Do Today list is at least 80% doable today, and make sure your schedule is still realistic, with flexible time between appointments. Reschedule or disengage if needed. (20 seconds.)
- Sync your device with your desktop computer as soon as you return.