In your paper planner, your “hotlist” is your prior day’s unfinished task list. Each morning during your daily review:
- Open the planner to yesterday’s tasks.
- Cross off any completed steps or tasks. Do NOT cross off the entire project unless the whole project is complete.
- Move to today’s list any items that must be done today, then cross them off yesterday’s list.
- Re-process the remaining items. This includes:
- Determine next steps for projects. Look under the projects tab or notes page for next steps on larger projects.
- Write the task in the new day’s task list, abbreviating contexts next to the name; or write it under a major context tab (and other tabs) at the back if it no longer deserves a hard date.
- Cross it off the old list.