There are a few options for your TRO hotlist, depending on your task manager:
- Hotlist or “Hot” list. Some task managers have an official hotlist, and some of these can be configured. An ideal hotlist shows you tasks coming due (hard dates) in the next 3 to 5 days, plus all items that are already marked as Do Today. The list should contain only tasks with hard dates.
- Custom list. Create a custom view that mimics the Hotlist option just above, and name it “Hotlist”.
- Due Soon. If you use the Due Date as your hard date, the Due Soon is an excellent hotlist.
- Reminders for Hard Dates. Your task reminder list becomes your hotlist. Set the default reminder time to early in the morning before your daily review. For each task reminder each morning, flag it as Do Today and dismiss the reminder if you will do it today, or reschedule the task and reminder if you will do it later.
- Sort by hard date. You can sort your tasks by hard date, with past due hard dates at the top.
- None. If tasks automatically appear on your Do Today list, a hotlist is optional.