In Outlook, your task Reminders list is your hotlist. Tasks in that list have hard dates set to today, and the reminders tell you to move them to the Do Today list.
To go through your hotlist on your Blackberry:
- If NOT doing a mobile daily review: This task reminder is a duplicate. Dismiss it.
- If you will do the task today (“Must Do” to avoid bad things), flag it as Do Today (High Priority) and dismiss the Reminder.
- If you will not do it today, reschedule the task, including the Reminder (hard date).
- Appointment reminders, should be dismissed when honored. Snooze it if you have not honored it yet.
To see an alternative hotlist on your Blackberry that does not use reminders:
- Filter completed tasks and sort your lists. You already did this when you set up this list. (Only required once unless you change something.)
- Make sure all categories are displayed.
- Open the Tasks application.
- Press the menu button (the button directly to the left of the trackball).
- Select the Filter line by pressing the trackball.
- Make sure all categories are displayed (do not filter by category).
- Press the menu button.
- Select Save.
Your hotlist appears in the middle, below Do Today tasks (! High Priority), above any Someday/Maybe tasks the bottom (Low Priority). The hotlist is sorted by soft date, oldest at the top.
To go through the alternative hotlist:
- Skim the list of normal priority tasks until you reach today’s date, looking only at titles.
- When you see a task that really needs to be done today, edit it and set High Priority (Do Today).