Here are the steps for your monthly review:
- Review your Someday/Maybe list:
- Skim the list, looking for anything you might want to move out of Someday/Maybe. Schedule those items into the coming month (soft dates or hard dates).
- Delete any tasks that you no longer care about or which have expired.
- (Quarterly) Reassess where you are spending your time:
- Open your strategic calendar.
- Get out the time budget worksheets that you used to establish your strategic calendar (see Creating a Strategic Calendar and Goals and Values).
- Are you accomplishing all crucial tasks in your Most Profitable Activities? If needed, adjust the amount of time you allocate to those areas.
- Are you moving toward your long-term goals? What changes do you need to make to keep moving forward?
- What problems do you see with how you have been scheduling your time? Alter your strategic calendar to reflect any changes you need to make.