Never for Scheduling!
Never use task reminders to schedule tasks at specific times. If it needs to be done at a specific time, put it in your calendar with your other appointments. That’s what your calendar is for.
In Outlook, task reminders alert you to move certain tasks onto the Do Today list. Each morning during your daily review:
- Look at all task reminders in the Outlook Reminders Window.
- Set High priority on tasks you intend to do. This puts them on the Do Today list.
- Open and reschedule tasks you won’t be able to do.
- Dismiss all TASK reminders when you are done with them.
- When done, your Reminders Window should contain no TASKS. (Appointment reminders are different, they are not dismissed until you honor the appointment.)
Make sure you set up task reminders properly before using them.
Where is the Reminders Window?
The Outlook Reminders window will disappear when you have no active Reminders.
However, you can also make the window disappear too early by clicking [X] in the upper right corner. The window will reappear at the next reminder time. If you need to see it before then, select View on the main menu in Outlook, then select Reminders Window.