Never for Scheduling Tasks!
Never use task reminders to schedule tasks at specific times. Instead, schedule those tasks in your calendar with all other appointments, so you can plan and manage your schedule in a single view.
In Trog Bar, Outlook task reminders tell you to move certain tasks onto the Do Today list. Enable a task reminder by clicking the alarm bell (so it glows) next to the Do On Date. Each morning during your daily review:
- Look at all task reminders in the Outlook Reminders Window.
- Set High priority on tasks you intend to do. This puts them on the Do Today list.
- Open and reschedule tasks you won’t be able to do.
- Dismiss all TASK reminders when you are done with them.
- When done, your Reminders Window should contain no TASKS. (Appointment reminders are different, they are not dismissed until you honor the appointment.)
Make sure you set up task reminders properly before using them.
Where is the Reminders Window?
The Outlook Reminders window will disappear when you have no active Reminders.
However, you can also make the window disappear too early by clicking [X] in the upper right corner. The window will reappear at the next reminder time. If you need to see it before then, select View on the main menu in Outlook, then select Reminders Window.
On Mobile Devices
Even after you clear your reminders in Outlook, many mobile devices will still pop up reminders after you sync. There’s no way around this bug. Simply dismiss all reminders on your mobile device when they appear.