Nothing Falls Through
As you complete each project step, you will re-process the task, choosing a next action and adjusting the contexts and dates accordingly. Only mark it as complete when the entire project is finished. This way, projects can’t stall and your weekly reviews are as short as possible.
Use the task name to enter the project name followed by the single next action, like this:
Project Name / Next Action
Cat shots / Call vet 555-1234
Remodel / Choose plumbing bid
Controller hire / W/F Midge to call
- The slash (with spaces in both sides) is important: it makes the action stand out visually.
- Do NOT use a dash instead of a slash! Toodledo’s email processing will truncate anything after the dash if you send in a task via email.
- Future next actions go in the notes, in rough order, at the very top. Do not rack your brain for all possible actions—just enter any you are already considering.
- (Optional) You can handle multiple next actions at one time by adding other records with the same “Project Name”.
- No orphan protection needed—it is built-in.
- No projects list is available or needed. Rely on Search to find all tasks for a project.