Your Unprocessed Tasks view shows all tasks you have entered into, forwarded to, and received (by assignment) in your Astrid account.
To see your unprocessed tasks list in Astrid:
- Click Not in a List (left of screen) with the Filter set to Uncompleted.
Ideally, unprocessed tasks meet these criteria.
- NOT yet completed.
- NOT yet fully processed (next action, smart dates, context).
In Astrid, we rely on contexts to tell us a task is processed, so “no context” indicates”unprocessed.” All these unprocessed tasks appear in Not in a List.
Collecting to your Unprocessed list is easy:
- Click My Tasks (left of screen).
- Type the name of the task in the Add a new task… field (center).
Open the My Tasks view
Input the task name
- Click , or press Enter.
- Type in notes to clear your mind.
- Click on a task.
- Click Add a description…
- Click the button.
Open the task edit pane
Input task description
Processing the list is exactly as taught in the Processing lessons. Since the tasks are already in the Unprocessed Tasks list, there’s no need to triage. Follow the Processing Flow Chart to move these tasks from your Unprocessed Tasks (a collection point) into your task list (not a collection point). You are really only doing three things:
- Deciding what the project and next steps are (if you haven’t already done so).
- Scheduling the task for later.
- Assigning contexts for this particular step.