Here are the steps for your weekly review:
- Open Inbox by clicking or (left pane).
- Make sure all processed tasks have soft dates.
- Adjust soft dates as needed. (Move Next Week up to This Week, Next Month up to This Month, etc.)
- See if you have a large number of “this week” or sooner tasks. If so, evaluate why. Do you need to change how you assign soft dates?
- Scan the list quickly, looking for neglected or out-of-place tasks:
- Ignore tasks with hard dates. These are tasks with time identifier tabs.
- If a task is getting “hot” and needs more attention, give it a hard date with an appropriate soft date. This is the main purpose of your weekly review.
- If a task is already done, re-process or mark it as completed.
- Mark a task complete by clicking (left of the task’s name).
- If a task is no longer important, set Someday/Maybe flag or delete it.
- If projects or large projects do NOT have orphan protection:
- Make sure all active projects have live next steps.
- Review all tasks shown when This Week, Next Week, and This Month context tabs are clicked.
- Review all tasks shown when Inbox tab is clicked (left pane).
- Review dedicated projects when available (up to 3, but only for the HUGE projects, such as building a house).