To do a weekly review in Things, quickly scan through the !This Week, !Next Week, !This Month categories:
- First, make sure all tasks have soft dates in the Next: All list. (Check the number of items at the bottom; check the Next: None list.)
- Scan for any tasks in the !This Week, !Next Week, !This Month categories that are neglected or out-of-place.
- Ignore tasks with hard dates. You will be notified about them at the right time.
- Adjust soft dates as needed (e.g., if it was “Next Week” and it should now be “This Week”).
- If a task is getting “hot” and needs more attention, reprocess it with a hard date.
- Make sure there are no active projects without next steps.
Special Instructions for Large Projects
- Look at each project in your projects list.
- Make sure each project has a live, scheduled next action.
- If not, add one now.