In Donedesk, use the following fields and methods for TRO features:
Soft Date, Hard Date, and Tags
- Soft date, hard date, and deadline are used the same in Donedesk and TRO.
- A hard date of today indicates Do Today.
- A soft date of Someday means Someday/Maybe.
- Workspaces are used for major contexts (life areas). You will always assign one of these, and maybe more if a tasks applies to more than one life area.
- Tags are used for meeting contexts, 1-1 contexts, and action contexts. You should use as many tags as are applicable to the task.
- Simple projects and next steps (less than 10 steps, only one person) are handled in-line, in the format “Project – Next Step”. Future steps are recorded in the Notes.
- Project Workspaces are used for more complicated projects. Future steps are separate tasks in the workspace(s).
- Email reminders are optional. We recommend a once-daily email or processing your Alerts daily.