In Things, use the following fields and methods to handle TRO features:
- The following tags THIS WEEK, NEXT WEEK, THIS MONTH, and NEXT MONTH are your soft dates.
- When is the hard date.
To assign a
- Double-click task.
- Click When icon (bottom right).
- Double-click a date in the pop-up calendar.
- Task in means Do this Today.
- Task in means Someday/Maybe.
- Deadline dates are entered in the subject line (in parentheses) after the project name or next step.
- Areas are major contexts (life areas).
To create a new area:
- Click + New List (bottom, left pane).
- Click New Area (pop-up)
- Enter major context name in the New Area … field.
- Press Return.
- Tags are used for meeting contexts, 1-1 contexts, and action contexts.
- Projects and next steps are entered in the task subject:
Project Name – Next step.
- Future next steps are entered in Notes.